The MLMCF is committed to excellence in operational forestry practices and long-term sustainability of our tenure areas. We also collaborate with partners to advance local initiatives that align with our mission, and provide funding annually for research and applied projects that enhance our tenure areas and benefit the communities of Mackenzie and McLeod Lake Indian Band.
In 2017 MLMCF established a funding program of up to $100,000 annually to support projects that align with our vision and enhance the Community Forest.
Congratulations to the successful applicants in our 2018 call for project funding proposals!
- Mackenzie and Area Radio Society, Console replacement: $ 12,752
- Mackenzie Nature Observatory, Boardwalk upgrades at Mugaha Marsh: $ 5,000
- Mackenzie Outdoor Route and Trail Association, Bridge replacement on Deet Trail: $ 6,900
- Mackenzie Nordiques Ski Club, Lighting system upgrades: $ 13,519
- Mackenzie Nordiques Ski Club, Trail and cabin repairs: $ 16,358
- Synergy Applied Ecology, Wildlife monitoring: $ 25,100
- Wildlife Infometrics, Williston school ecology program extension: $5,290
The Community Forest was very pleased to present cheques to these successful applicants in 2017.
- Mackenzie Nordiques Cross Country Ski Club, Convert lighting on 2.5 km lit trail to energy efficient LED bulbs, $24,000
- MORATA (Mackenzie Outdoor Route and Trail Association), Tools for trail maintenance & design of a downhill mountain bike trail, $20,000
- Mackenzie Nature Observatory Banding Station, Build a kitchen shelter at the banding station, $15,000
- Mackenzie Autumn Lodge Society, Upgrades to Mackenzie Legacy Garden, $12,000
- Mackenzie Gets Healthy Committee, Towards creation of an Outdoor Exercise Park, $5,000
- Synergy Applied Ecology, Wildlife monitoring around the Mackenzie townsite, $25,000
Want to help enhance the Community Forest?
For project funding eligibility criteria and application forms, refer to the Call for Project Funding Proposals page.